Sunday, February 15, 2009

Already February 2009!!

Wow.. It's February, actually it's already half way through February and I'm just making my first blog of 2009. That's pretty bad. Ok, so here's what's been going on since 21 December. Christmas was awesome!! Since Heather was 8 1/2 months preggo, the In-Laws decided to come up here for Christmas instead of us driving down there. So, the only traveling we did was the 6 mile trip to my Parents’ house and back that day. New Year’s Eve was about what I expected. Heather and Ansley were I bed and asleep by 9:30. So, I spent the evening on the computer talking to a few friends, hanging with my dog and playing Guitar Hero.

January 7th, we had the scheduled c-section for the new baby. We were at the hospital at 0600. 0700, Heather was in-processed and in the staging room. 0730, she was wheeled into the delivery room. About 0745 I was brought into the room and 0755, Riley Kaitlyn was born into this world. A beautiful little girl just like her big sister. Although, Big Sister Ansley has had a bit of an issue sharing mama and the spotlight. But, we have gone from “Mama, you come home, leave her here” the first time Ansley visited Heather and Riley in the hospital to “I wanna see Baby Sister” now. She has come along way in a month and we are very glad she did. I’d be lying if I didn’t say it wasn’t rough going there for awhile.

That Wednesday night, while staying at the Hospital, I slept on one of those couch/bed things they have in the Hospital rooms for visitors. My left arm was killing me, but I chalked it up to just being a bad thing to sleep on. Thursday night, I went home to shower while my Mother-in-Law stayed with Heather and I had to take some pain reliever because I was still hurting pretty bad. Heather came home Friday and her Mom with us. Thank goodness, because the pain in my back/arm was getting worse. Friday night, it was so bad, I decided to go to the Dr the next day to get it looked at. Come Sunday, I had lost the use of the last three fingers on my left hand. To make a long story short, after 5 Dr. visits, x-rays, a regime of steroids and pain meds, an MRI and an EMG test it has been decided that I have a herniated disc in the C7-T1 area of my neck. The Doc put me in 4 weeks of Physical Therapy. During my initial eval, the Physical Therapist told that because of what she was seeing, she was only going to schedule me 2 weeks of PT. If there wasn’t any significant improvement by then, she was going to forgo the next two weeks and have me go back to my Dr. We did the two weeks and there has been very little improvement. I go back to see my Dr. Monday (tomorrow) at 1510. At that time, I expect him to refer me to a neuron surgeon for surgery to fix it. We’ll know for sure tomorrow afternoon.

As for the Rag-A-Muffin ultralight, we’re about 3 weeks away from it flying again. The wing has been patched, and we’re updating a few things on it. Hopefully we’ll have some flight pics and vids of it soon.

So, as you can see, it has been a bit non-stop around the Hall household lately.. But, everyone is doing good and life is good. I’ll update my situation when I get some definitive news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home