Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gear Configuration Change?

Only my dive buddies will know what I'm talking about here, so if you aren't a diver, excuse me for leaving you out this time.

I'm seriously considering a gear configuration change. I want to go with the 7 foot primary and a bungee for the octo. I had thought about doing it last year, but since I was helping in O/W classes, I didn't do it because I had to look, more or less, like the students did in the class. I haven't been able to help out in classes in some months now and even if I did, I could just use a set at the dive shop instead of my own, so that's a non-issue now.

I look at a few pictures of me and, at times, I look like Dr. Octopus with the hoses going to every side and out from my body at least a half a foot. (See picture) I'm thinking the 7ftt, bungee method will be the best way to streamline that stuff. I'm already using a BP/W set up, so, I won't look like a DIR wannabe Stroke with a 7foot and a jacket style BC. But, don't get me wrong, I don't want to go DIR either. So, can anyone offer any pros/cons on my gear config change?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 13 May, 2008 20:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale, an air intergrated computer and SS1 bc inflator/alt air source will get rid of two hoses. I've got enough spare gear that you can test out if you wish.

m2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home