Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tummy Time


What is the best time in the world? TUMMY TIME!!! With all the scares about SIDS, (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) no baby is allowed to sleep on their stomach anymore. So, to make up for not being able to sleep on your belly until you earn your third paycheck from your first part-time job, parents have invented "tummy time." Basically, it's parent supervised belly sleeping. What's even cooler about it is that I get to sleep at the same time. :) So, on most days, as long as Tiny Baby (who isn't so Tiny anymore) hasn't been asleep all day and is threatening to stay awake all night, Dad and baby will get their tummy time to lay back in the recliner and take a nap together. It gives us our time and it gives #1 Mom a chance to break away and get a shower, take a nap or whatever it is she needs or wants to do. We like our tummy time and #1 Mom seems to really enjoy it too.
As you can probably guess, alone time to work on the computer, website and blog are kind of at a premium right now. So, hopefully, you'll excuse me if I don't keep this updated as much as I did in the past.. I'll still keep it updated, but the write-ups will not be as frequent as they were in the past. As soon as we get to sleeping all night and have everything down to a routine, I'll jump back into it.. Main reason: As any of you out there with kids know (And I'm finding out) there is PLENTY to write about when a child enters your life.

Just a quick update on everyone: #1 Mom is doing great. A bit of "cabin fever" having to stay around the house all day everyday. We're starting to take some trips downtown just to get her back outside and are in the market for a stroller that will go well on the asphalt so we can start walking around the neighborhood in the evenings with her. But, overall, she is mending up nicely and is ready to jump into "life" head on (as long as she doesn't have to leave Tiny Baby behind)
Tiny Baby, as you can see is growing bigger by the day. She is very alert and even started to get a bit spoiled. But, that's to be expected with the first grandkid on one side of the family and my just likes to spoil kids, period. We have had MANY visitors over the past few weeks and we appreciate everything everyone has done for us.

One bit of information I can pass along; I joined a prestigious group this morning: The Royal Paternal Order of Projectile Vomit Catchers. That was quite a treat I've never had the honor of doing. Needless to say, I'm not wearing the same shirt I was about 2 hours ago. Talk about a badge of honor.. That badge covered the entire front of my shirt. Ain't Parenthood Grand???? Yes it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home