Saturday, June 10, 2006

This Week

Another week.. Actually, I was going to do an entry earlier this week to talk about my trip to Six Flags with my sister and her two kids. I never got the chance to sit down and write it so I'm going to mention it briefly here. We had a great time. We hit the new coaster called "Goliath." A MASSIVE coaster. It actually goes outside the park and then back in. One of the funniest things that happened during the day was our ride on "Thunder River." We all climbed in the 12 person boat. The boat is round consists of 6 two person sitting stations around it. My niece and I sat together in one station. My nephew sat on one side of us and my sister sat on another side of us. Each of them had one empty seat next to them, so my sis told my nephew to come over and sit with her. He didn't want too, but he did. The last thing he said was, "If we get soaked, it's going to be your fault." My niece and I moved over to where he was sitting originally and left the empty station between us and my Sister. Yeah... After the ride was over, my niece and I had wet shoes. My nephew had a wet head and shoulder. My sister didn't have a dry stitch on her anywhere. She was thoroughly soaked from head to toe. Heh.. I guess she'll listen to Nephew next time. But, we had a great time and would love to go back. But, I think I just took my last trip out of the immediate area for awhile due to the baby coming. Which, of course segways me into the other story of the day, our birthing class.

Darling Bride and I had a "Birthing Class" today and the Medical Center where our baby girl will be delivered. It was scheduled from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. So, as you can imagine, I wasn't digging the thought to spending all day at the Hospital. But, being the good hubby I am, I headed up there with her to do this thing. We got up there and there were 12 other couples in there. We went through nutrition, exercise and stress relief, what to expect before during and after labor and delivery, watched a film (more that in a minute) and took a tour of the facilities. Over all, it was a very informative day for people having their first child. There was one other couple in there that was scheduled to deliver 2 days before us and then all the rest were anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months after us. In every class you have the spectrum of people and this one was no different. Next to me was a Good Ol Southern Boy who would gut a deer without batting an eyelash. But, when they started talking about the placenta and episiotomy, he was about to lose his cookies. Then, they were nice enough to show us a film about child birth. This ain't know film you're going to see on Lifetime or The Learning Channel. This is true, in your face, this is what it looks like to have a kid uncensored documentary stuff. During this time, Good 'Ol Boy was hiding behind his wife like scared teenager at a slasher movie. He should be fun in the delivery room. Then we also had a nurse who was preggo for the first time. And, oh what a joy she was to be around. First we learned that she had dehydrated and something else had gone wrong so she was hospitalized. Then, when we were doing types of exercises she couldn't do some of them because she had bad knees. Then we were doing other stretches and she couldn't do them because she had a bad neck and then she was worried about medicine because she had asthma. She complained about everything and was worried and anything. At one point, after the husbands had been massaging parts of the wives for about 10-15 minutes, the instructor had us switch places and had the ladies run the guys shoulders for about 3 minutes. Just a little payback for the guys to enjoy one thing during the day. The asthmatic, bum kneed, yanked neck, dehydrated chick refused to rub her husband's shoulders. We figured she had bad hands, or maybe she was just a bitch. (My vote) What ever the case, after watching her sunny personality radiate all day, she had most of us wondering how she ever got pregnant in the first place.

Speaking of which, I did cause a bit of embarrassment for Darling Bride today. But before I get to that, I do have to mention my good bits. At one point, we were supposed to sit behind our wives and help them steady in some posture thing. At he same time I was steadying her, I was also rubbing her shoulders. The instructor looked over and said how great I was for doing that and Good Ol Boy called me a show off. I was listed as the star pupil after that. But, like they say, it only takes one "aw shit" to take away all the "atta-boys." And, of course, I lost my atta-boys. We were being shown how to massage the ladies and help them relieve some stress when the labor thing starts up. At one point, the ladies were told to get on all fours on the ground and the guys were told the get behind the ladies on their knees. After we were in the position, I looked up at the rest of the class and said, "This is what got her in this condition." Awww Shit.

3 Comments:

At 13 June, 2006 12:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BP thought this would be the perfect place to shock you with my news. Chuck and I got married! And, I'm having a baby...Due Dec 9! Talk to ya soon....Chas ;)

 
At 13 June, 2006 14:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to keep it on the downlow but someone said they would post some great news!

 
At 13 June, 2006 15:43, Blogger **D** said...

Congrats Chas!!! That's awesome!!!
Keep me in the loop on the baby!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home