Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Father's Day and Government Employees

Not much of a post for right now. I just hadn't written in a week, so I wanted to throw something up here real quick. Things are still going good with Darling Bride and Baby-to-Be. D.B. Has started to get some pre-labor cramps and isn't feeling 100% now-a-days, so it's just a matter of time now. She became "full term" this past Saturday and now we play the waiting game. Baby-to-Be's room is about 90% complete. Of course, she won't use it for the first few months, so I'm not sure why it was such a rush job to finish, but, as in all other families, when Mama's happy, everyone's happy, so we'll just keep Mama happy. I did have my first "partial" Father's Day. I got a new coffee mug, a #1 dad paperweight for my desk and a framed ultrasound picture for my desk. Kinda cool, considering she isn't even born yet.

Work is still the same. Remember the movie, "Dances with Wolves?" Although, I never saw it, the title is close to what I do here. But, we would have to change it to say: "Works with Idiots." I don't mean the people I work directly for or with in my shop, but the people on the other side of the Base that are "supposed" to treat us like customers. Those people are about as clueless and useless as a Vice President or Director at ITC^Deltacom. "Works with Idiots" is a title most Government Employees can relate too. It always gets me how these people want to get paid, but they don't want to do shit to earn it. They feel like just coming into work everyday, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes is enough to get them their paycheck. Like I said: USELESS. I won't even get into the idiot portion because I don't have that kind of time to write today.

I will leave on this note: If the past tense of "freeze" is "froze" why isn't it the same with "squeeze" and "squoze?"

4 Comments:

At 20 June, 2006 10:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just Deltacom^ now. Cam wanted the ITC back.

 
At 20 June, 2006 20:50, Blogger **D** said...

Whatever.. They still SUCK!!!!! :)

 
At 21 June, 2006 09:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well true, but I didn't want you post some information that sucks.

 
At 21 June, 2006 16:47, Blogger **D** said...

None of my info sucks. It may be untrue, false, and very biased, but it never sucks. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home