Saturday, May 27, 2006

Another Movie

2 movies in the course of 28 hours. That's got to be some kind of record for me. I don't go to Theaters. I don't like spending a decent amount of money to see a movie I may or may not like. After you add the price of the ticket, drinks and a snack, that amount goes from decent to STUPID. Going to a Matinee helps this to some extent. But, normally, I just wait until the the movie comes out on DVD, let the Yo-Shu's buy it and then I borrow from them to see if I like it or not. :) There are, of course, movies I will go buy before I even see them, knowing, even if I don't like the plot, I'll like the scenery. Such as, "Into the Blue" and "Fantastic Four," both with Jessica Alba. I am also a huge "American Pie" freak. So, I bought two of them (Wedding and Band Camp) before I had seen either. Of course, they were good, as far as I was concerned. Today's flick was "The DaVinci Code." Just when I was complaining about no one making anything original, we go to see this. This has got to be one of the MOST original story lines I've ever encountered. (Not to mention controversial) Darling Bride wanted to go see it, so we went and checked it out. She had read the book and liked it, so she figured she'd like the movie also. It was a good movie. I hadn't read the book, but I have seen a few specials on "The Discovery Channel", "The History Channel" and such, so I knew what the DaVinci Code was supposed to be about. Very interesting take on history and the Bible. What do I think? I think I'll keep my religious and political views to myself and off the blog. Not that I care what anyone thinks about how I feel. Everyone has their own opinion and are entitled to it. Everyone else is entitled to agree or disagree with everyone else's thoughts. So, I'll just keep mine to myself and let the others argue the points. You pick your battles you want to fight and this is not one I want to enter. As for the movie: 2 hours and 39 minutes long and you don't get bored 1 second of it. It starts off good and it never stops. I was trying to figure out where they could cut some time out to make it shorter and there really wasn't any. Overall, I give it a good score on the old entertain-o-meter. So, if you have 2 1/2 hours and 30 bucks, go see "The DaVinci Code." It's worth the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home