Sunday, October 15, 2006

Just an update



Who's got the prettiest daughter in the world? Damn right. I do. :)

She had hair when she was born, and lots of it. Everyone told us it would fall out. Ok, three months later, this is what she looks like. No sign of falling out and it's getting longer.

As you can tell, "Tiny Baby" isn't so tiny anymore. She turned 3 months old last week. We're trying to come up with a new nickname for her, but it's not coming very easily. "Baby Girl" is already used in my family and the original Baby Girl isn't willing to give up (or even share) that name. Not even for her cousin that's 11 years her junior. I don't blame her. I wouldn't have appreciated another "Bubba" being brought into the family. (Yes.. My Family nickname, on my Mom's side, is Bubba.) People have given us ideas for a nickname, but none of them are really sticking with us right now. My aunt mentioned using "tadpole." #1 Mom has a problem with using the name of something that grows up to be a frog, so that's not going to work either. Sooner or later, something that encompasses her personality or something significant to her will pop up and we'll use that. I'm in no rush for my daughter to go by a nickname anyway. #1 Mom and I put way too much thought and time into picking out her name to go by a nickname right now. Her initials are "ASH", so I figure she will go by Ash at one time or another in her life.

No more real news on my sister. Everything I mentioned in the last write up is still the same, except she has had the final drain tube removed along with the rest of her stitches.. She has her Oncologist appointment this week, so we will know the schedule of chemo later this week. So, more on that after she sees him.

I do have a slight scuba related note: I just finished my home study for my Rescue Diver course. Scuba Steve will take me through the paces over the next few weeks and if all goes well, I will get my Rescue Diver certification soon. We are also planning a trip to Florida soon. If it goes well, I will have pictures and a write-up of that on the website after we get back.

Until my next entry, I'll leave you with this thought: Watch a Quizno's commercial next time it's on TV. At the end, they go "mm, mm, mm, mm, mm...Toasty." If you listen, they actually do 5 "M's." But the print on the screen only has 4 "M's" printed with the word Toasty. If you say it 5 times, you need to print 5 M's. That has always bugged me. I'll bet you never even noticed. I bet you will now. :)

1 Comments:

At 04 November, 2006 21:20, Blogger Leslie said...

Who would have ever picked up on 5 mm's in a commercial!! You are too funny!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home