Friday, August 11, 2006

August Update


Well, it's been a week since I've posted anything and over two weeks since I actually wrote anything original, so I figured it was about time..

First and foremost: Tiny Baby update. She just had her 1 month check up and is doing well. She has gained 3 lbs, grown an inch and has been very aware of her surroundings for a couple weeks now. Knock on wood, everything is going VERY well with her.. #1 Mom had to take her to this appointment by herself since I was working. She got her 1st shot and took it pretty well. Although, in September, she gets a round of 4 shots in one trip. #1 Mom has to be back at work, so guess who gets to take that trip? I'm sure that will be a fun write-up. As always, we'll see how it goes.

Next, I want to say Congratulations to my sister and brother-in-law. They have both been diving for a few years and finally decided to get their Advanced rating so my brother-in-law can take the Rescue Diver course with me in October of this year. They booked a class down in the "Redneck Riviera" (know to all others as Panama City, FL) to do their training. They did some dives in Morrison Spring, FL (68 degree water..brrrr for us Southerners) and then a couple dives, including a wreck dive, in the warmer waters of the Gulf. After two days and 5 dives, both were awarded their PADI Advanced Diver certifications. Congrats, you two...

Sid, Yo-Yo and I all went played tennis the other day, like we try to do two days of the week, every week. It's blazing hot down here right now and we try to stay hydrated during the days we play and, of course, while we're out there playing. During one of our breaks to have some water, Sid and I were each drinking a Propel Fitness water. Basically, a flavored water from the Gatorade folks. I honestly don't remember what started it, but the next thing I know, we got into one of those uncontrollable giggling fits. Of course, this is right after I take a huge drink of water and it's still in my mouth. I do everything in my power to try and swallow the water since I only have a small amount left in my bottle. Needless to say, I lost the battle. Water came out of my mouth and all up through my nose. So, I'm here to tell you, if you pass Propel Fitness water through your nose, the inside of your nose is going to be sticky the rest of the day. It ain't like regular water. LOL... On the bright side, I got Sid to cough up a load of his water on his next drink.

I'll leave you with this final thought: You know you all do it... Scenerio: You have only a bit more drink left in the container it came in. You are pouring the last of the drink into your glass. Your glass is getting full. Do you really think you're going to get more into your glass if you pour it slower????? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home