Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Book Report

Well, not exactly.. But, if you are into diving and want to read a few good books about it, I've got some for you.. I'm not going to "book report" them, but, if I list them here, then I consider them a good book to read.

First and foremost, you have to read "Shadow Divers" by Robert Kurson. You get introduced to John Chatterton and Richie Kohler and their work to find the identity of a WWII German U-boat off the coast of New Jersey known by them as the "U-Who." In this book, you also learn about Chris and Chrissie Rouse, who are the subjects of the second book you should read.



"The Last Dive" by Bernie Chowdhury. The Rouses died while diving the U-Who. This book is the story of their lives (and deaths) as divers.









This is the book I'm reading right now. "Fatal Depth" by Joe Haberstroh. It's about divers that were killed while diving the wreck 0f the Andrea Doria off the Charter Boat "Seeker", which was also the boat Chatterton and Kohler used while investigating the U-Who. I'm over half way finished and it's been very interesting.



I have two more books coming in the mail: "Hiding on the Bottom" by James Rosemond. This is supposed to be a humorous book about a guy going through a midlife crisis and the stories of how he and his buddy took up diving to get over it.
And one called : "Diver Down" by Micheal R. Ange. This is a compilation of stories about dives gone wrong, what caused them and how to avoid them. You can always learn from other's mistakes and that what this book is about. I haven't read either of these last two, but I have them coming in the mail. I'll let you know how they are after I finish them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 30 January, 2007 20:36, Blogger MaconBubbles said...

Mid-life crisis...hmmm...that must be what I'm doing. Well, it works!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home