Tuesday, April 24, 2007

24 April 07

Those of you that know me, know about April 19th and what it means to me. For those that don't, April 19th is the day of the Oklahoma City Bombing back in 1995. I lost a very good friend that day, Cartney Koch McRaven. Her memory is as fresh to me today as it was 17 years ago and I wear a black KIA bracelet on my right wrist in remembrance of Cartney. Each year on April 19th, I get kind of reserved and quiet, which, again for those of you that know me, know that quiet and reserved is not me. I just keep to myself that day and around 10:00 EST, I go find myself a quiet place where I can't be disturbed and have my own few moments of silence in honor of Cartney and the other 167 souls lost that day. This year was no different. The biggest difference was I didn't really feel like writing about it until today. I did a write up about the day that Timothy McVeigh was executed and my feelings of that day. If you are interested, it's here.

12 years. Wow. It's really hard to believe it's been that long.

We still miss you, Cartney.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 26 April, 2007 09:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be rude, but it has only been 12 years since this tragedy occurred. I remember it well, you were in Georgia, and most of us in the 31st were at Eric Browns funeral service.

 
At 26 April, 2007 15:12, Blogger **D** said...

You are correct.. I mistyped the years.. (It's fixed now.. Thanks for pointing it out) I was never good in math anyway. Whether it has been 12 years, 17 or 57, you know as well as I do, it'll always be a day none of us will ever forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home