Monday, August 20, 2007

Congrats to another diver..

Congratulations to my friend and co-worker, Sid, on getting his PADI Open Water certification this past weekend. He took the confined course back in July and went on his check dives this past weekend. I was there with him as I was doing my Divemaster Candidate internship this weekend also. So, I actually got to help out with his class.
It was a good trip. We went to Blue Grotto on Saturday. I had been wanting to dive Blue Grotto ever since Scuba Steve told us about it during my Advanced O/W class. I finally got my chance and it was cool. Since we had students, we didn't get to go in the deepest part of the cavern, but I did get to see "Peace Rock" and take a few pictures while we were waiting on one of the groups of students to get in the water. I'll make another trip down there to see the whole thing next time. We stayed in Crystal River that night and ate at Crackers. That is some good eatin'!!! Then we hit Troy Springs the next day for the students to do their last check dive. After they completed their last skill, they were all able to do a dive as newly certified divers. I buddied up with Sid and took him on his first certified dive.
We met some cool folks this weekend and had a great time. I'm ready to go again. But, the next class I help out with will be the Rescue Diver course in September. My brother-in-law is in that class, so I get to help out another familiar face.
Congrats again to Sid for becoming a PADI Open Water Diver!!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home