Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Much Better Mood

I'm in a much better mood tonight. I slept pretty good last night (unlike Sunday night). I did get up at 4:00 this morning with Tiny Baby, but she fell back to sleep within 45 minutes, so I got a tiny bit more sleep before I had to get up at 5:15.

A few updates..
My sister, Leslie, has had her reconstruction surgery. She was under the knife for over 7 hours on Monday. Everything went well and the doc was pleased with the results. They said she was sitting in a chair today. She wasn't a very good mood, but they have her on some good pain medication. The meds actually make her sleep a lot, but she feels no pain when she's sleeping so that's a good thing. She's going to be in the hospital for a few more days and should come home later in the week. All in all, a very good report from the surgery.
I sold the '03 Tundra. For those of you that have no experience with Military folks: Each base has a parking lot they allow members to put their used vehicles in and try to sell them. We pay a dollar a day to put our vehicles there and 90% of the time, they will sell before your first contract runs out, if you have a decent vehicle and don't want a million bucks for it. We call that Parking Lot, "The Lemon Lot." The vehicles there aren't "lemons" but it's a name that was given to the Base Used Car Lot years ago and it just stuck. I put the Truck on the "Lemon Lot" last Tuesday. I got two calls on it on the following Friday. One was a girl that seemed very interested in it and another was a dude that could read. The sign in the window said: "2003 Toyota Tundra SR5 2WD Extended Cab" He called me up and asked one question: "Is your truck 4 wheel drive?" "Ummm.. Oh yeah, normally it is, but the front wheel drive portion really need a break so it's on vacation in the Caribbean. It should be back next week. If you want to buy the truck now, I'll tell them where you live when they get back." Here's your sign. But, Luckily, Buyer Allyson wasn't a dumb ass. She liked the truck and wanted to buy it for her husband, who is deployed, for his birthday. How cool is that? We met and she drove the truck on Saturday and then she had the Toyota place look at it on Monday. She called me Monday afternoon, we settled on a price and I met her this morning to sign the papers at the Credit Union. We signed over the title and she's now the proud owner of my '03 Tundra. I hope they enjoy it as much as I did.

I was also able to complete my American Heart Association CPR/AED Instructor course today. I took the course last Thursday, but we had to actually instruct a class and get evaluated to become "official." So, I instructed my first class today. I didn't have to do the whole thing. Our evaluator started the class and did block one. I did block two and another instructor candidate did block three. We did good and are now CPR instructors. The reason I wanted to be an instructor stemmed from last year. I need to be CPR qualified to take my PADI Rescue Diver course. That's when I noticed we had no instructors at work and there was no way for me to get qualified. I took me three months to find a way. I finally had to sit in with Healthcare Givers and take the "Mac Daddy" of CPR courses. I was well trained, but I was trained well above my level. But, hey, when you're desperate, you'll take what you can get. Since I got so pissed off about not being able to get qualified, I decided I can't sit there and complain if I wasn't willing to do something about it. So, I have become an instructor so no one else has to go through what I did to get qualified.
Everything is still a "go" for our Oriskany dive, so we're getting excited about that. I hope we get some good pics and video from it.
That's about all I have for now. If you get time, drop me line and post me a comment. I don't seem to be getting very many comments lately.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 18 July, 2007 13:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean, "no comments"? First you steal my baby and my color, now you say I don't read your site anymore.....+)

Glad you sold your truck, glad you got a new truck.

Sorry you've been so crabby lately but hey...you still got me. Give me a buzz sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home