Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bad Attitude and Pizza

A couple weeks ago, as you all know, I went on a dive trip with a group from this area down to Florida for the weekend. During that weekend, we had a scheduled power outage in our building for some HVAC upgrades to be done. I knew my telephone switch didn't have the battery back up to run for 12 hours, so it was scheduled to crash about 2 hours into the power outage. which it did. No big deal. It has always booted itself back up and ran as normal any other time. Except this time. When it booted up, it came up on a database that was 1 year old. With the amount of work we had done in the last 12 months, it meant about 500-600 phones were either not working at all or working where they were physically placed 1 year ago. And, our voicemail system didn't survive the outage either. Not a good situation to come back too. To make a long story short, it's now been 3 weeks to the day that we started trying to fix our problem. The switch is still broke, but limping along. We have been able to re-program all 500-600 phones and got them working. Today, the new voicemail system is going online. So, why the bad attitude? I work with some of the biggest frigging whiners you have ever known. I even had people complaining to my Colonel that their stuff wasn't fixed, although they had never given me the list of phones they wanted fixed. It was a small but vocal line of complaining and whining from certain areas and people. After busting your ass for so long and working overtime to get all those people up, the last thing you want to hear is someone whine. So, after three weeks of it, I'm sick of it.. But, there were some GREAT people we dealt with also. I even had one send an email to me and my Colonel yesterday saying what a great job we've done. That is always great to see, since my colonel normally only hears the complaining. No one ever takes the time to say "Job Well Done." So, it means a great deal to me when they do. To all you whiners: Y'all can all kiss my ass!!! Which is why I needed to take the day off and get a grip on my attitude.


So, where did the "Pizza" in the title come from? You ever had one of those stories that starts out: "Y'all ain't gonna believe this shit" Well, y'all ain't gonna believe this shit. Saturday afternoon, Heather and Ansley went for haircuts and took Cousin Alyssa with them so she could watch Ansley while Heather was getting her hair done. After everyone was back home, Heather said I should just order pizza and invite Brother-in-Law Dale and Cousin Logan over since my sister was out of town and we already had Alyssa. Good idea.. So, I called BiL Dale and invited them over and they accepted. I got online and ordered a good amount of pizza and stuff. 42 dollars worth, to be exact. If you have ordered online for Domino's lately, they have the "Pizza Tracker." It shows when you order is received, when you pizza is put together, in the oven, out for delivery and been delivered. I had the Pizza Tracker up and went outside to play with the family. After awhile Heather came outside and so I went in to listen for the delivery guy. At about the 40 minute mark, I noticed the Domino's car at my next door neighbor's house. He gave an order to the kids and they went inside. I figured, what's the chances of both houses ordering at the same time from the same place? But, I just figured since they are 207, they delivered to them first and we would be next. The guy got in the car and left. After about 5 more minutes I checked the pizza Tracker and it said, "Delivery Complete: We hope you are enjoying your meal." WTF??? So, I called Domino's and said, "Hey, I'm just checking on my order."
Dominos: "Umm, hold one, let me see." (They have caller id so they knew who I was) "Uh, you're 209 (road name)?"
Me: "Yep, that's me."
Dom: "Uh, I just delivered that order."
Me: "No you didn't."
Dom: "Uh, yeah. Kids out in the yard with a trailer next to the house?"
Me: "Nope. That's my neighbor's house."
Dom: "Are you serious?"
Me: "Uh, yeah."
Dom: "Oh my God. Dude, they signed the credit card receipt and everything."
Me: "And you didn't check an id or anything?"
Dom: "Man, it was the kids. and they didn't have a number on the mailbox."
Me: "Was it the kid's credit card? No. It was mine. And, I have a number on my mailbox and I'm the one you were supposed to be delivering too"
Dom: "Oh wow man.. I'll get your order in and I'll have it back out to you very fast. No charge."
Me: "No charge? You think??? I know I'll get mine free, but you need to make sure you tear up the credit card receipt that was signed by a KID."
Dom: "I will."

So, after my call to Domino's I'm thinking, ok, now my neighbor just stole my freaking pizza!! Then I started, thinking, maybe it was just kids home and they thought the parents ordered it for them. I was going to walk over there, but cooler heads (Wife and BiL) prevailed and told me not to go over there right now. So, I waited around. Before the second round of pizza got here, the neighbor's wife's car pulls in there driveway. OK, the parent's weren't home. That explains it. She wasn't in the house 2 minutes when my phone rang. She thought she was calling Domino's but the number on the box was mine. She asked if I ordered pizza and I said Yes. She said her Husband and kids thought she ordered it for them while she wasn't home and they ate my pizza. I told her I had already spoken to Domino's and they were bringing me another. I was cordial to her, but the entire time I'm thinking: What kind of a freakin' retard is your husband to not check the credit card bill that the kids signed for and brought in. I don't know what kind of relationship he and his wife have, but if Heather or I are doing anything for dinner, we let the other know so we don't duplicate any effort for supper. Domino's did deliver my pizza order, an hour late after all this. I got my pizza and Mr. Delivery Dude got no tip. I also saw he went next door after he left here to, I'm figuring, to get the money they owed for the meal they ate. No idea if they paid or not. I'e actually seen the guy twice since then and he has said nothing about the incident. So, how did all of that actually happen on Saturday night? I definitely fault Domino's for not checking addresses or ID's on credit cards, but mainly I'm just chalking it up to the fact that I have a freaking retard for a neighbor.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home