Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The last few days...

As everyone knows, yesterday, 31 March, was the first day of Spring. Although, here in Middle Georgia, it didn't feel much like it. The high here was 57. Now, I know that's a good temp for some of you reading this, but it's considered cold for here. Well, I guess the Ice Cream man didn't watch the weather and only looked at the calendar, because, he was out in my neighborhood yesterday. Bells and jingly song just blaring around the neighborhood. For some reason, you can hear that dang jingly song from miles away. But, as you would expect, no one was out in the street trying to catch him. It was just too darn cold. Oh wait. EXCEPT, the Retards next door. Of course they were out, in full force, getting ice cream from the ice cream man in 57 degree weather. Sorry, they just prove to me, day after day, that they are retarded.

Heather and I decided we needed to get in better shape. As of the moment, we own a Weider weight system, an elliptical machine and a recumbent bike. They were all used pretty heavily in their day, but since we have moved into this house, they have been used more for hanging up scuba gear than trimming fat or making muscle. So, after a year of not using them I decided I had no excuse not to sell them. And so, 48 hours after deciding to sell them, they were sold. Heather and I wanted something we could do together, so we went and purchased a couple of Nordic Track Bikes. Now, every evening after Ansley is in bed, we put on a program we DVR'ed, get on our bikes and work out while watching a show. Quality time. heh.. We've been working out with the built in iFit programs in the bikes. I went and bought the next step up of iFit cards today and we are going to try them out as soon as Ansley is in bed. (Heather is putting her to bed right now) We'll see how well Step 2 works for us. 8 week program burning over 5400 calories. Update: The first session of iFit 2 was pretty good. We could finish it, but we felt it. This will be fun.

We took Ansley to her first airshow this past weekend. Macon, GA was having their annual Cherry Blossom Festival and one of the weekends always includes an airshow at the airport where I took my flight lessons. Ansley is enamored with airplanes. Any time she hears one fly over the house, she stops what she is doing, looks up and when she finds it, she points and wants me to pick her up so we can watch it together. So, I figured an air show would be great for her. She absolutely loved it. Every airplane that went up, whether it was a formation fly-by of a single aerobatic flight, she watched every minute of it. She actually enjoyed the whole afternoon. I love watching airshows. Although, after my aerobatic hero, Jim LeRoy was killed last July while performing in Dayton, Ohio, I watch them with a bit of trepidation now. But, the show went without a hitch and I was able to watch a performer I had never seen in person, but had seen on TV many times. Mike Mangold, the 2004, 2005, and 2007 Red Bull Air Race Champion. He put on an awesome show and even finished his routine in the rain. Great flying and a great little trip with the family. The picture was taken at the airshow. Yes, I know it's quite the MANLY pink umbrella, but, it was the Cherry Blossom Festival, so pink is the color of the week here.

Nothing else really going on. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying their Spring Break now, or upcoming. Stay Safe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home