Sunday, March 23, 2008

It ain't right...

The day before Easter, my Aunt came over to see if she wanted the white sink I pulled out a week ago. While we were in the garage, a miniature Doberman pincher came in and was whining like it was hurt. She walked right up to me and as I looked her over, I didn’t think she was really hurt, but lost. As I stood up, she got scared and ran off. She ran towards the neighbor’s house. (Not the retards, but the good neighbors) I watched her go in their yard and then she ran right back to me. I looked and she had a collar on, but no ID tag on the collar. She also had a broken clasp on the collar, meaning she had gotten out of where ever she was by mistake. I brought her in the house and showed Heather. My dog, Ripley, didn’t know what to think, but he was ok with her. Ansley was intrigued by the Doberman, but that was about it. We brought her in and fed her. She was good around the house, but was pretty skittish. I got in the truck and drove around the neighborhood hoping to see a “Missing” sign or people out looking for a lost dog. Nothing. After awhile, I went out and walked around the neighborhood with her on a leash talking to anyone I ran into. Again, nothing. So, I decided we had a house guest for the night and I would put up a sign in the yard the next day.

We were going to let the dog just stay with Ripley for the night, but after she noticed Kyko, my African Grey Parrot, and looked like she wanted to eat him, I decided she needed to stay away from him. She had gone upstairs during the evening and was very comfortable on the couch up there, so I took up there and gave her the run of that room and the hallway. I closed off the rest of the rooms since I didn’t know if she was housetrained or not. The night went smooth until about 6:00 am.. She was whining up stairs and I didn’t want the baby woken up, so I went and got the dog. She started going after my bird again and making a big racket, so I made her go outside for the rest of the morning. We got up about 8:00 and let her back in. It was a very mild night, so it wasn’t even cold outside.

We had to do the Easter thing with both families, so we fed both dogs, got ready and left them here for the day. While we were gone, Heather said she would bet money the dog was the next door neighbor’s dog. (The Retards) I was hoping not, but they weren’t home this weekend and the dog was skittish around people (they have 3 boys at their house) so it would explain a lot. When we finally got home, “they” were home, so I walked over and one of the kids was outside on his bike. I asked if they were missing a dog and he said “Yes.” I asked, “A miniature pinscher?” His eyes lit up and he said, “Yes.” I said, “She’s at my house.” He looked kind of puzzled, so I told him the story. He came over and showed where the chain had broke and she got off it. He was very appreciative to get her back. Of course, I never heard anything from the parent’s.

Sitting here thinking about it, I’m VERY glad they have their dog back. I know how I would feel if it were my dog missing. But I can’t help thinking: They stole my pizza and I save their dog. It just ain’t right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home