Monday, April 10, 2006

Still Alive

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm still alive. Been kind of busy lately and haven't had time to sit down and write. So, during my morning coffee today, I thought I'd take a few minute to do that. The biggest thing that has happened since I got back from vacation was the chance to go to the Masters Tournament in Augusta last Wednesday. That was awesome. I've never been there and it was a real thrill to go. My father-in-law got the tickets for us and he, my wife's brother, my sister's husband and I all went up there for the Par 3 Tournament. We got to see the big names (Woods, Nicklaus, Mickelson, DiMarco, Zoeller, Daley, etc, etc.) It was a blast to see that course and to see some of those big name golfers. The picture here shows Tiger Woods and two others making a "trick shot" over the water at 16. We were standing right there when they did that. We hadn't been on the grounds for more than 5 minutes when we saw this happen.
They all hit there balls from the water's edge and then skipped them all the way to the green. That took some talent. The whole trip was definitely a "once in a lifetime" type trip and now, I can check that off the "Been There, Done That" list.

For those interested in the SCUBA side of my life, I was able to go and purchase the rest for my equipment this past weekend. Head over to the site and go on the equipment list page to see what's been added. Like I've been telling everyone else, Thank Goodness for extra jobs. :) BP, if you are out there, you and SP need to start scheduling your classes. I need more dive buddies. :)

Witnessed at the Driver's License Renewal Place: Old man with a walker being helped into the renewal office. First Strike: Can't even walk without help. Can't really hear the instructions given by the desk attendant. Strike two. Does the eye test, but can't see anything out of his left eye. Desk attendant says he should be able to see out of both. He says he can only see out of the right. Strike three. Desk Attendant says, "Here's your new license Mr Walker, have a great day." Remind me not to go to any open air markets while this guy is still on the road.

Y'all have a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home