Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just ramblings

You know, I really don't have anything to write this time.. So it's another one of those that I will just write and see what comes out.
Of course, with #1 Mom being home this week, the week has been all back to normal. Nothing major happened at work, no businesses ignored me, nothing bad happened at all..

Sometimes I hate to admit because of the "stigma" tied to it, but, it's really not that bad: I'm the captain of our Recreational Bowling League team we have at work. Back in 2002 when we started the team, I was approached by the founding member and he asked if I bowled. I did at all my previous bases, but I hadn't since I got out, at that time, 6 years ago. He asked if he put together a team would I bowl on it. I said sure. He put together the team and because I ran all the other teams, we kind of shared the Captain-ship. He PCS'ed (sent to another base for you non-mil folks) and I inherited the team. I am the only member that was there the first year and I'm there every year. We've never been that good, so it's a good thing it's a handicap league. Most of this year we've hovered around 10-13th place out of 14 teams. We're just there to have fun, socialize and have a few drinks.. Although, we started a late season push and are actually tied for 6th in the standings with 6 weeks left in the season. Although I don't bowling seriously, it is more fun when we're winning.

Speaking of fun and drinking, we have our first golf tournament of the year tomorrow. Golf is another sport I don't take seriously, but I do have more fun when I'm actually hitting the ball pretty good. We haven't played since last November, so it should be interesting tomorrow. We've got our "normal" foursome to play: Me, Sid, Big Dawg and PW. We'll see how it goes..

Although there has been no diving (still looking to do Rescue at the end of the month) I do have a new piece of gear. It's just a fun piece, but it's pretty cool. I heard a story about someone who had seen a guy with a dive hood that had a shark fin on the top. I thought that was cool and I started surfing the web looking for something like that.. After a few MONTHS of searching I finally found a place that makes custom dive hoods. And, one of them is a shark finned one. After looking at the ones they had for sale, they had another that caught my eye also. It's a "dragon" hood that has 4 spikes across the top and a small dragon tail off the back. The price of that one was the same as the one with the shark fin, so I decided to go with 4 spikes instead of one dorsal fin. You can pick your colors, so I did black on the side, a royal blue center section (because all of my wetsuits have royal blue on them somewhere) and silver spikes/tail so they would stick out. Recreational Scuba is supposed to be fun and if you can't dress fun every once in a while, then what's the use. I'm sure I'll get a few looks from the Tech/Cave divers next time I head to the Florida Springs. LOL.. Here's where I got the hood from. Terrapin Wetsuits. Chris is very nice to deal with and she cares about customer service. The hoods are on the "Accessories" page.

I just saw a new Subway commercial.. It has a couple ordering at a fast food drive thru.. He is ordering things like "Love Handles", "Blubber" and all those things you'll get if you eat too much fast food. His girlfriend in the car orders the same stuff as him, but instead of "blubber" she wants a "badonka-donk butt." Can anyone tell me what a "badonka-donk butt" is? I figuring it's one of those butts you see able to jiggle all over during the booty shakin' contests you see at bars.

I heard some music from a band I had never heard of until just recently. They've been out awhile, but I never heard them before because we no radio stations in this area that are worth listening too. They are all country, classic rock or chick stations. (I call ANY station that plays Justin Timberlake music a "Chick Station") I don't listen to any of that, so, to hear good music, I had to get XM.. Well worth the 10 bucks a month.. The band is called "Silvertide" If you like that old 80's-ish sound, they have it. Good sounding band.. I do have to mention another good song that's being played a good bit now, "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva. Great rocking tune!!!

Well, there isn't really that much going on and Baby and #1 Mom are already in bed. I still need to walk the dog, so I'm going to sign off for now. Hope everyone is making it through the pollen storm we're having right now. I know I'm suffering.

Have a good one..

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 16 March, 2007 09:01, Blogger Leslie said...

OK- I will be the first to say it-Do you know how silly you are going to look in that hood??

 
At 16 March, 2007 19:58, Blogger **D** said...

Ah, but diving is supposed to be fun. Not to mention that if one of the students needs help with anything, they will surely know who to go too. It's not like they can mistake me for someone else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home