Sunday, March 11, 2007

Long Week

So ends a long week. #1 Mom was on a business trip in Atlanta all last week and it was just me and Tiny Baby for the week. During the evenings, it was no big deal. She has a schedule and as long as your stick to it, it’s all good. The mornings, however, were a different story. I normally leave for work around 6:10 am. On most days, Tiny Baby isn’t even awake when I leave. So, for this week, I had to change up my routine. Well, in reality, I did everything the same every morning, but when I was ready to leave, I just waited for her to wake up. That ranged all week from 6:15 to 7:00. So, I did her morning stuff, got her to daycare and was anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour late for work each day. Again, no big deal. I just took that much leave that I was late each day. #1 Mom and I, both, were a bit hesitant about this week. I’ve had evenings that it was just the two of us, but never an entire day, much less a whole week. Well, I am happy to say, we blazed through the week without nary an incident. Everyone is good and I think even Heather was a bit surprised at how well we did.

Now, here’s a bit of Middle Georgia Better Business Bureau information for any of you in this area. If you need any glass replaced or repaired in your vehicle DO NOT use Safelite Auto Glass in Warner Robins. Here’s the story: I got my windshield broken on my way back from Florida back in November. After the cold/heat/cold/heat we’ve had, the crack stretched all the way across the windshield, so I figured it was time to replace it. I called every window business in the phone book and Safelite was the cheapest. So, I set an appointment with them for the coming Friday. Come Friday, the tech called and told me he had broken my windshield and wouldn’t be replacing mine that day. I was ok with that (things happen) and asked when he could do it. He said he’d be there Monday. Cool. Monday came and went with no word and no windshield. So, Tuesday morning, I called the company after they opened. I had already decided to talk to a Supervisor or Manager because I wanted to see what the excuse was and what they intended to do to keep me and any person I run into as a potential customer. When I asked for either of them, I was told they were too busy to come to the phone and what my call was about. So, I very politely told the lady the deal and what my problem was. She told me, very matter of fact-ly that no one worked on the weekend and the tech didn’t even get the windshield until Monday. I asked her how I was supposed to know that without a phone call from the company. She didn’t have an answer for that. So, I gave her my numbers (cell and work) and asked for either the Supervisor or Manager to call me. That was at 9:30 that morning. About 3:00, no call back from anyone at that time, the tech called and told me he was ready to do my truck. I told him about my phone call that morning and since his management had no concern about their customers when they had a question, I no longer needed his services. Not only did I not need his services, I would make damn sure that anyone that I had contact with would know what kind of service his company provided. (or didn’t provide, would be a better wording) The management of Safelight never once tried to call me or care about the fact that they lost a customer. It’s typical with today’s society. They figure one person can’t make a difference. Well, I’ve been telling this story by mouth all week, and now I’ve had time to sit down and type it up. Just goes to show, since they were the cheapest in town, you get what you pay for. If you want someone that cares about their customers and does great work, use Glass Doctor on Watson Blvd. 478-922-5339 And, my new windshield from Glass Doctor looks great!!

Now that I have the windshield fixed, does anyone know anybody looking for a slightly used Tundra? The backseat in my ’03 just isn’t real conducive for a baby seat. #1 Mom wants me to have a real back seat, so I need to upgrade to a 4 door. (oh darn) :) So, as soon as I get the time to wash it, I’ll be putting it up for sale, since I refuse to trade in at any car dealer.

Small Scuba Update: Dive Buddy Dee has scheduled her trip to get her Advanced Open Water rating. I’ll list her Congrats here when she passes her check dives. Good Luck!!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 16 March, 2007 08:59, Blogger Leslie said...

I didn't hear about this story until I read it on your blog! Les

 
At 16 March, 2007 19:58, Blogger **D** said...

Which story? The window?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home