Saturday, June 23, 2007

Golf and the Single Parent

Not much to write this week. The work week was ok. Nothing spectacular, but nothing overly detrimental either, so I guess that's a plus.
Thursday, I was hired to do a cabling job (my other job when I'm not doing my normal job or my military job) up in Macon. I took the job and was hoping to get it done fairly quickly. Well, I misheard what the job was and instead of being a "one cable run to the other side of the wall" it ended up being 3 cables, run 150 feet down the hall, through a cinder block wall, across the room, down the wall and over. That was a bit more than I expected. But, I went and did it. Unfortunately, I didn't get done on the first day, so I had to go back over the weekend to get it completed. It was one of those days that I had the "Un-Midas Touch." Everything I touched turned to crap. I ran the cables ok, but then the panduit I bought wasn't big enough for three cables to run through it. While I was trying to mount the faceplate box, I broke it. While I was working in the ceiling, I slipped on the ladder and when I grabbed for something to get my balance, I pulled some supports for the ceiling tiles out and they went crashing to the floor. Then, I left my toner plugged in one of the jacks I was tracing (from Thursday to Saturday) and killed my battery. It was just one of those days. But, as I went back today, rested, refreshed, with a better attitude and more parts, it all came together quick and easy. The new cables are run and active now. I do appreciate my Dad going up there with me today. It's always nice to have some company.
I did get a bit of time away from work this week. I played in a Golf Tournament on Friday. My golf game, which is never really existent, was even more non-existent this week. It was a four person Scramble and they didn't even use one of my shots until about 6 holes into it. Once they started using mine, I was able to hit a few good ones, but I wasn't much of a team player this week. I guess playing once every month and a half isn't the best way to get good, huh?
I'm also a single parent this weekend. #1 Mom needed a Girls Weekend away, so she and two of the ladies she works with all packed up and headed to the North GA Hills this weekend to stay in a cabin and just relax. Hopefully, she's having a good time.
Tiny Baby and I are having a good time together. Since I had to do that job today, Mom came over and watched the baby while I went and did the job. My mom isn't one to just sit around while she's here (neither is my mother-in-law), so while I was gone and baby was napping, she started cleaning my house and doing my laundry. Whoo-hoo!!! Thanks Mom!! Then, when we got back, Dad wanted some time with the Baby, so I was able to run outside and cut the grass real quick. Thanks Dad!! :) They left and it was just the two of use, plus the dog, plus the parrot. It's now 9:20 pm and everyone is asleep but me. So, I decided to sit down and write a bit on the BLOG.
Like I said, not much to write about, but like always, I can take not much and still be long winded about it.
Y'all take care...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home