Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nice weekend..

It's Sunday afternoon and I've got a bit of time while the baby naps, so I figured I'd jot down a few words..


The Friday golf tournament was not the best tournament we've played in. Of course, I hadn't hit a ball since last November, so I wasn't expecting to do very well anyway (not like I EVER do very well) but I had a pretty hard time of it. The wind blowing 20-25mph didn't help matters, but my swing was way off kilter. I did hit some nice shots, and luckily when I didn't, my teammates did, which was more times than not. We were all rusty and finished 2 over par 74 for the day. Once we got in, we saw the handicapping was all screwed up. Teams that had players with handicaps in the teens were awarded more strokes than us. The lowest handicap we had the team was a 24, the rest were 36's. So, after seeing it, bringing it to the officials attention and them doing nothing about it, we knew we weren't going to be in the running for anything, so we left. It was a nice day out of work, but I really need to spend more time on the course if I expect to 50% of my shots decent.


Saturday, we went to the new GA Aquarium in Atlanta. Heather has some friends at work that have small children and the 3 families were meeting up there to check it out. We also took nephew Logan with us. (In picture with #1 Mom and Tiny Baby)(One of the families are "members" of the Aquarium and can gets guests in for 10% cheaper and through a special members entrance that lets you avoid the big crowded line at the regular entrance. After seeing the line at the regular entrance, that membership was well worth the price. So, we all met up there about 12:45.. What we didn't realize when we headed up there was that it was St. Patrick's Day and Atlanta was having a St Paddy's Day parade. The directions I printed off to get to the Aquarium led us right into the Parade area and since none of us are from that area, we had no way of knowing how to get around it. After a lot of guessing and then finally running into something that Heather found familiar since she had stayed up there two weeks ago, we were able to find the Aquarium about 30 minutes later than we expected. We met up with the other families (one family was actually following us through the maze that is Atlanta because she didn't know her way around..Lucky her, huh??) We went in and, oh my gosh, was it crowded!!! People everywhere.. I don't like crowds and neither does my family, but it really ended up not being so bad.. We got bumped, squashed, squeezed and all that, but it really could have been worse. The Aquarium is nice. I've only been to the TN Aquarium in Chattanooga, so that's all I have to compare it too. The lay out is kinda crappy in Atlanta. There is one big Atrium and the entrances to the exhibits are all around that central area. You get pretty well squeezed in some area, but the big viewing areas are HUGE and allow many, many people to stand in there and see the fish. I believe they all even have two decks for people to watch. They have some really neat stuff in there.. The coolest, to me, is the tunnel you walk though in the "Ocean Voyager" part of the aquarium. Water and fish on all sides of you except the floor. In that area is also a great array of sharks, rays, fish and even 3 whale sharks. They were awesome to see in person. There is another place that has Beluga Whales. They, too, were awesome.. And, I love jellyfish and I got to see those also.. Overall, a VERY nice trip, although, I think the next we go, we're going to go during the week and avoid the weekend crowds.

If you are interested in more pictures we took at the Aquarium, go here, click on "Trips" up top and click the GA Aquarium link. There are pics of the rays, whale sharks, black tips, piranhas, etc. As I said, it's worth going to Aquarium, but I would suggest going during the week to avoid the crowds that are there on the weekends. Also, Military Members get 10% off in the gift shop, which is a good thing since I spent over 75 bucks there.. LOL..


Sunday is here and Tiny Baby isn't feeling too well. We don't know if it's allergies or a cold. Whatever it is, it's gotten her really snotty and congested. She's run a very tiny fever today, so that's why we're thinking it may not be just allergies, as we thought two days ago. She doesn't seem to feel all that bad, but she is really tired, so we'll just see. If she isn't any better tomorrow, #1 Mom may stay home with her and take her to see the Doc..


Two weeks to Rescue Course... Wish me luck...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home