Sunday, May 13, 2007

New Diver!!!

As of last weekend, we now have a newly PADI certified diver in the family. My niece, Alyssa, was able to do her check out dives on the 5th and 6th of May and received her PADI Jr. Open Water certification. I was supposed to go with them as the Safety Diver, but they changed which instructor was to go with them just days before the trip and it wasn't an instructor I work with, so I was left out in the cold. (sort of)... But, this isn't about me.. This is a very big CONGRATULATIONS to Alyssa for doing her check out dives and doing great with her skills. Her brother and Dad were along for the trip, so she did have moral support. Not to mention, it's very cool to dive with your family members. That's awesome Baby Girl!!! Now, let's go diving!!!

Never fear for me though.. I wasn't left in the cold for long. Scuba Steve, since he couldn't go on the check dive trip either, got me invited on a spearfishing trip he was going on that weekend instead. We had a blast!! Highlights: Racked up 6 dives over the 2 days, I speared three fish and dove a cool wreck. We also saw a 500 lb fish. The full write-up is here. And the pictures are here.

One picture everyone wanted to see was the "Dragon Hood" in action. Although the water was actually too warm to warrant wearing a hood, I wore it on our first dive so I could get the picture I promised.

And here it is:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home